<$BlogItemTitle$> <$BlogItemTitle$>Broadcasters of Tomorrow

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Online Journalists Jailed

A new census by the Committee to Protect Journalists found a record 134 journalists in jail in 24 countries.
Internet bloggers and online reporters now make up one-third of those incarcerated. While print reporters, editors and photographers made up the largest number of jailed journalists, with 67 cases, there were 49 imprisoned Internet journalists, making them the second-largest category.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

When I saw that yesterday I was glad that I stuck to the rules I made in the beginning. No threats, no matter how irritated or justified. Only the type of namecalling the comedians practice and no leaking of confidential information (not hard since I'm on the West Coast and don't work for a corporation). I try to link only to non-wacko sites and even that won't be enough if much more of the Bill of Rights disappears.

I have had a little bit of traffic from Blog announce but then I'm a little blog in a big pond.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home